twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On a $225,000 mortgage, approximately how much money would I save by going with a 30-year fixed inst

I qualify for a special loan rate in California



30-year fixed rate is 5.5%



40-year fixe rate is 6.375%



I'm trying to find out what the cold, hard cash difference is going to be.



On a $225,000 mortgage, approximately how much money would I save by going with a 30-year fixed instead of 40?

just run the 2 scenarios on a mortgage calculator and compare to the total interest paid - calculators all over the internet - I'm betting at least $100,000 more with a 40 yr loan - you'll never build up any equity - after 10 yrs, you might have have paid down 5% of the mortgage



On a $225,000 mortgage, approximately how much money would I save by going with a 30-year fixed instead of 40?

you'd be saving about 10 years of payments.....



Why on EARTH would you want to pay $1,000,000 in interest/principal for 40 years on your house?



On a $225,000 mortgage, approximately how much money would I save by going with a 30-year fixed instead of 40?

It really only matters if you stay there for a long time. If you will have that loan for only five years then the loan balance will be much the same on either one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment