twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

Do I need to have my license to co-sign for an car loan?

I am looking to buy a car and will be going to a dealership that one of my managers from work recommended me to. I guess he knows the guys there and we are hoping they will give my fiance and I a good deal. The car I'm looking into is a used 05 Kia going for $6,995 with only 25,000 miles on it. Since I don't have my license yet, the car will be going under my fiance's name and his mother may be co-signing for it. I guess my concern is that I don't want to go through the car dealership fr financing because I know that they may not be giving us a great interest rate. If I go to a bank, like CitiBank or Capital One to get an car loan, do I need to have my license in order to co-sign with my fiance? If I do, would it be smart to just apply for a personal loan instead? (I just established my credit.. and it's fair, I have a 681.)



Do I need to have my license to co-sign for an car loan?

No, but remember if you and the fiance break up, and he keeps the car... you are still responsible for the payments if he doesn't make them.. It might ruin your credit. A safer way would be to let his mom co-sign. (My ex didn't pay on purpose even tho he had the money just to mess my credit up)



Also, a good site is...



http://www.surveyland.org/jump.php?link=...



Best of luck to you.



Do I need to have my license to co-sign for an car loan?

As a co-signer, they are just looking to you to make the payments if the principal defaults on the loan. They don't care if you don't drive it.



Do I need to have my license to co-sign for an car loan?

Do not co-sign for this loan........... Let his mother do it for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment