twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have a small debt of $8000, I don't own a house, have bad credit, earn upto $40K but cant get

This debt resulted through a bad marriage in which everything was listed under my name - although I did not cause the debts - they were still under my name - I am trying to get back on my feet and want to get these debts consolidated and am happy to pay upto $300 each fortnight. My main problem is that as a result I have bad credit rating and because I do not own a house I cannot find a lender who will approve a loan - does anyone know what I can do?



I have a small debt of $8000, I don't own a house, have bad credit, earn upto $40K but cant get debt cons loan

Pay off your debts starting with the lowest amounts. Pay them as much as possible while sending the others the minimum payment. If you can do balance transfers do that only if the interest rate is low.



I have a small debt of $8000, I don't own a house, have bad credit, earn upto $40K but cant get debt cons loan

Try to transfer the debt to another credit company with a lower or no interest rate for like 6 months or so. Then try to pay off the debt as fast as possible.



Also you need to cut your costs severely if you want to get rid of this debt. Such as stop eating out, use electricity sparingly, cancel you internet connection and basically cutting out everything that you don't need or use.



You really need to stick this out because if you splurge on a new clothes or a night out, you fall into a downward spiral. Get this paid off ASAP!!! and then you can go back to the finer things in life.



I have a small debt of $8000, I don't own a house, have bad credit, earn upto $40K but cant get debt cons loan

Check out an FHA home loan. It is designed for people with bad credit. It is a government backed loan for people looking to buy a home and may be a credit risk for a large bank. The drawback is that you have to pay a smallish mortgage insurance every month. Other than than, pay down your debt as quickly as possible and then apply for the loan. Buy a house for around $150,000 at about 6% and you could easily afford this on $3,000 net per month. Even though it is designed for people with poor or no credit it is still much better to have little debt. Having non mortgage debt that equals 20% of Gross Income is significant, and you must take care of that before you start the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment