twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

My landlord has defaulted on the mortgage loan. Can I get out of my lease? she hasnt paid since 6.07

I live in California, and have just been recently informed that my landlord has defaulted on the mortgage loan. She didnt want to tell us. We are on a six month lease that will end July 1st. She says its because the interest rate sky rocketed in the past coupld months. Well I went to the county assessor recorder's office and purchased a copy of the defualt notice which states she hasn't been paying since June of 2007 which is essentially when we moved in.. Is there anyway that I can get out of the lease. she is going to now try and do a quick sale, and I just dont want the hassle of the lockbox and people coming in and out of my home. HELP!!



My landlord has defaulted on the mortgage loan. Can I get out of my lease? she hasnt paid since 6.07?

one of the hazards of renting a house from a private party. Need to read your lease about allowing access. I would suggest looking for another place and moving soon as you can otherwise be prepared to be out before or on auction day.



You can thank your stars that you didn't do a rent to own and gave her several thousand dollars you will never see again



My landlord has defaulted on the mortgage loan. Can I get out of my lease? she hasnt paid since 6.07?

i would leave, hurry up and find another place and pay her all the way up to my lease end date or you will be in court fighting on why you quit paying before your lease ran out. more money. and she might put it on your credit as bad. people cannot be stopped as to coming by. but you can tell her it has to be done between certain times and make sure you are there. but i think if you leave before the end date she probably will not have the money to take you to court. you might have to get a apartment on a short term lease until you find what you want or try to buy the house yourself.



My landlord has defaulted on the mortgage loan. Can I get out of my lease? she hasnt paid since 6.07?

No, as long as you are still living there your lease contract with her is valid - it doesn't depend on HER financial problems. But get ready to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment